09/09/2012

Dulce and Banana Cake

Sunday is as good a day as any for baking a cake. As you now know, I like to bake (see the ultimate chocolate brownie recipe!) and I thought I would share today's creation with you!


Check out this delicious banana upside-down traybake that I have adapted to make a proper sandwich cake, the original 'Dulce and Banana' recipe by the beautiful ex-model Lorraine Pascale, and the method (whether you follow my changes or not) can be found here: BBC Good Food Lorraine Pascale's Dulce and Banana Cake.

I made a few adjustments, keeping it simple (and much cheaper) by; 
exchanging the vanilla pod for 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla flavouring, 
using plain white flour instead of wholemeal flour, 
not including ginger, cinnamon, pecans or calvados, 
using a mixture of light and dark brown sugar (instead of just light), 
and obviously I made it round and in to a sandwich cake instead of a rectangular traybake! 

Since I decided to make it a sandwich cake we needed a filling for the middle and I mixed around 200g of unsalted butter and enough caster sugar to make it thick and sweet and then added lemon juice to taste, there was a little bit of this left over so perhaps try 100g or 150g of butter if you make it yourself! Send LIQUORICE a photo if you do!

I'm looking forward to cutting the cake later on...!

2 comments:

  1. This cake looks amazing! I love baking but I am a bit rubbish at the decoration part! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try out this recipe then hun, it's so easy to do and its absolutely delicious, especially with the lemon butter cream :) and you dont need to decorate it because the bananas make it like...auto-decorated! :) x

      Delete