27/09/2012

MFW Favourites SS13

Milan Fashion Week came and went in a blur, just as Fashion Month is! As I am still writing for The Divine Addiction I'm just going to share with you my top two personal favourite shows from MFW! 
What do you think? What were your favourites?

Gianfranco Ferre's SS13 collection continued one of the two main themes/ideas that seemed to me to be offered at MFW; one is bright, colourful and fairly unusual (just take a look at the Dolce & Gabanna collection below!) and the other is moodier, more wearable and more neutral. Guess which Ferre's were! Think drapey and geometric shapes and monochromatic colour. I love the delicate laurel wreath belts on the last two dresses!






My ultimate favourite has to be Dolce and Gabanna's SS13 offerings! Sicily-inspired stripes and artworks splashed across dresses, woven basket skirts and tactile materials. I just love the bright colours and the happy effect that the total foreign influence has upon me as a viewer, and would have over me as a wearer of these bold designs, it all kind of reminds me of Frieda Kahlo!





(I do not own any of these images)

No comments:

Post a Comment