10/09/2012

My Skincare Regime


This is technically my second ever beauty blogging post...I love receiving and trying out new make up and toiletries but I've never really felt the urge to write about them. Recently though I have been seeing some great results from the combination of facial skincare products I am using; I have never had perfect skin, and I suffer from the dreaded combination skin type so it can be easy to feel confused about what to use sometimes.
I find using anything except a light, daily exfoliating face wash in the morning causes my skin to get quite oily during the day so I save my skin care regime for the evening.

I start by using Boots Botanics Skin Brightening Cleanser for all skin types, it smells really neutral as it's all (or mostly) natural ingredients the most important of which are sweet maple, bilberry and sweet cane which "contain natural AHA's to brighten and renew the skin's surface". As a good cleanser should it really sweeps away any make-up or dirt that the busy day has brought to your skin and I find my skin does has a certain glow about it after using this product. 
I always cleanse twice before moving on to Simple Pore Minimising Toning Cleanser which is absolutely brilliant. It contains 2 vital vitamins, 3 "skin loving nutrients" including witch hazel, and no perfume or colours but actually smells really nice: a little bit like rose/turkish delight. I think the fact that it is developed with sensitive skin types in mind allows it to be good for any skin type and I love the coolness of the product when you apply it after cleansing which I think conditions your pores to be smaller too. I have found that this product has really been working recently although this could also be partially due to the next product I use.
The third product I use is Clarins Pore Minimising Serum which claims to "refine and smooth skin texture". It's got a really subtle, sophisticated, perfumey smell and is actually a pastel green colour liquid. I apply it on my nose and cheeks and a small part of the surrounding areas but I don't use it on my entire face. I find that if a product is more expensive I have higher expectations about the results and this product hasn't let me down yet!
Finally I use a tiny bit of My Skin No Shine Mattifying Moisture Lotion around my eyes and on my neck which says it's designed especially for teenage skin and helps keep pores clear, which is perfect for me! It does a good job moisturising although, because I use it at night, I haven't been able to test whether it's much good at mattifying the skin. It also smells AMAZING; like raspberries and kiwi.

If you've read this far, thank you! Let me know whether you've tried any of these products and what you thought, or whether I've been able to persuade you to try some!

No comments:

Post a Comment