20/10/2012

Ombre Nails

Although ombre is a trend that was more 'in' in SS12 I am still loving the ombre style dip-dyed hair and how this trend has translated in to the world of beauty too. 

Why not have a crack at ombre nails? I am loving these impossible gradients with pastel colours and glitters. All you need is a few colours, a nail sponge to apply the second colour and some precision and patience!
In short, you do the base colour, let it dry and then sponge on the tip colour trying your best to blend the colours as neatly as you can.
Try blending oxblood or a rich aubergine colour with black to stay on trend with this seasons gothic edge, or more neutral colours and glamourous glitters to keep it sophisticated.
You can also try ombre nails fading gradually from one nail to the next (like below), which might better suit someone who wants to get the look but doesn't have the time, and anyone who has a huge nail polish collection!

(Images, in order, from originalpiecemag.com, elleandblair.com and imagesforfree.org)

6 comments:

  1. Oooo these look gorgeous, especially the top picture. Wish I was talented enough to that to be honest! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did give it a go (and my first attempt was awful haha) but I think with some patience and practice you can do anything really! It's not about talent! :)

      x

      Delete
  2. Wow! I'm definitely going to try some of these!

    Katie <3

    http://desperatelyseekingfreedom.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Show me pics if you do Katie! Think I might have to get them done professionally though...! :P

      x

      Delete
  3. These look great!! I'll definitely be trying these out after exams :)

    xx

    http://echo-sierra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete