03/10/2012

PFW Favourites Part I


When it comes to Fashion month they definitely saved the best 'til last. Paris Fashion Week is drawing to a close but it's going out with a bang! 
It's been such an exciting month for fashion and I've loved being a part of it, even though I haven't been able to be there in person (one day!). Words can't describe how excited I am to see what SS13 brings and how high street brands will interpret the designs we've seen over the past 4 weeks...I wonder who they will pick to emulate and what new ideas they will bring!
As it's not quite over, and I have a lot of favourites I will be posting a Part II (and Part III) soon!
For now, here's part one! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Anthony Vacarello, who trained under Karl Lagerfeld at Fendi, is the name to remember! He's not been around long but he's here to stay, with sexy designs to show off the female form and huge support from a whole troop of models such as Anja Rubik, Cara Delivingne and Karlie Kloss. There is an element of deconstruction/reconstruction in his designs, it is as if he has half-built something or is taking something perfect apart to examine the finer details.






Rochas presented a fresh, very-50's, sporty princess collection in silky blacks, rich reds and browns, and pastel pinks. Think luxurious and glamourous but slightly preppy too, as if you're ready for some impromptu tennis in that silky dress and sunnies! Oh, and don't forget the red lipstick!






The accessories at Lanvin are to die for, with big black boots, pointed-toe, shiny, croc print pumps, clutches and bracelets galore. We saw a lot more black in the collection than usual, but the same amount of glitz.




(Runway images from vogue.co.uk)

No comments:

Post a Comment